I really like how the unit is sold as a complete "system" that includes all the hookup to your residential power supply from the electric company, and has all that crossover electronics and such included. This makes for pretty much a one-stop-shopping experience from the looks of things. The windmill is rated at 1.8KW, and is designed to offset 40-60% of the average home's power utilization requirements. Not bad. Heck, give me two of them and it'd be even better.
I hope Skystream doesn't mind my copying a bit of their promotional information, since the following is a direct copy/paste from their page showing the basic specs.
- Product Brochure: Skystream 3.7 brochure (PDF)
- Rated Capacity: 1.8 KW
- Rotor: 12 feet / 3.72 meters; 50–325 RPM
- Alternator: Gearless, permanent magnet brushless
- Voltage Output: 240 VAC (Optional 208 VAC)
- Estimated Energy Production: 400 KWh per month at
- 12 MPH (5.4 m/s)
- Weight: 154 pounds
- Tower: Towers from 35-110 feet are available; height is
- dependent by site
- Technical Specifications: Skystream 3.7 Spec Sheet (PDF)
- Warranty: Five year limited
- Availability: October 2006